9.21.2007

Just the Most AMAZING Cookie Ever

First, I have to issue a preemptive apology because I don't have a photo of this amazing cookie to share with you. You'll just have to trust me on this one - it looks good, it tastes amazing. Period.

Second, I have to admit that I have a fairly strong distaste for raisins. We don't get along. I prefer fresh grapes. But, we've put our differences aside and I present to you the most amazing...

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE (yum, yum, yum)
1 ½ cups light brown sugar
1 ½ cups white sugar
2 cups unsalted butter room temp.
Cream together until light and fluffy the add:
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Mix until fluffy then add:
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
Mix until incorporated then add:
5 cups oatmeal - quick or regular
2 ½ cups coconut
4 cups raisins

Drop by large scoop at least 2” apart an UNgreased pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins until golden, but still soft to the touch
Cool on pan for 2 minutes then transfer to a paper bag to cool
~ 42 big cookies - the recipe halves quite easily

0 notes: