4.01.2007

Key Lime Pie Day!

It was a productive weekend. I finished paper #2 of 5 by mid-afternoon on Sunday. Then I cleaned. I moved every piece of furniture in my bedroom to clean up every last bit of dust from every surface. Now I have my desk where I can look out both windows while I continue the month of marathon paper writing.

I also baked a key lime pie using fresh key limes. If you're not familiar, key limes are only about 1" in diameter. It took nearly an hour to squeeze enough for the pie, but the results were worth it.

Key Lime Pie
1 cup of key lime juice (either from fresh key limes or from a jar "Nellie's" key lime juice is the best)
2 cans of fat-free sweetened condensed milk
8 egg yolks
1 9" graham cracker pie crust
1 extra graham cracker crushed and a ramekin

Mix the yolks and milk together, add juice until well blended. Pour into pie crust so it is almost over flowing. There will be some filling left-over so spread the crushed graham cracker on the bottom of a greased ramekin, spray with Pam and fill with remaining filling. Bake at the same time at 350 for approximately 25 minutes (20 for the ramekin) until the center is set. Chill & serve w/ fresh whipped cream.

0 notes: